Exciting news! I'm looking for my next career opportunity. I'm finishing up a temporary freelance contract that runs through May 19th. So as Wednesday, May 20th, you can have me working as part of your content team!
I am a Digital Content Strategist specializing in SEO Copywriting, Public Relations and Social Media Marketing. I've also managed TONS of freelance writers found through eLance, ODesk, CopyPress and Text Broker. Some of my previous job titles have included:
- Content Engineer
- Content Manager
- Digital Content Manager
- SEO Copywriter
- Digital Copywriter
- Digital Content Strategist
Although freelancing is super cool, I would REALLY like to find a full time, in-house position for a marketing company, advertising agency or for the corporate headquarters of a retail company. But another awesome freelance contract, like the assignment I'm finishing up, is also an option.
LYNN SMYTHE'S EXPERIENCE
I have over 10 years experience writing and marketing content including:
- Landing pages
- Blog articles
- Press releases
- E-mail newsletters
- E-mail blasts
- Scripts for training manuals and Power Point presentations
- Social media posts
In my free time, I blog about my hobbies and interests on The Creative Cottage. The Creative Cottage came into existence on February 24th, 2015. I started it as a way to consolidate my separate hobby blogs. I used to write content for six different Diva themed blogs. As you can imagine, keeping up-to-date writing fresh content for each site started to become a chore (it was supposed to be a hobby, not another full time job). The blogs got ignored for the most part, poor blogs. So I finally bit the bullet and signed up for my own WordPress.org website. As a freelance SEO content writer, I have been writing content for my client’s WordPress pages and posts for many years. But I was using another blog hosting service for my personal hobby sites. Until now!!!
The Creative Cottage topics include:
I have experience with both Windows and Mac PC operating systems and I have basic HTML knowledge, so if Russian teenagers have hacked into your site, I can probably help you get rid of the links they added to XXX sites (that's a REALexample of a problem I fixed for one of my former clients)! The programs I’ve used to complete my duties include:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Google DOCS
- MailChimp - newsletters
- Constant Contact - newsletters
- PRWeb - press releases
- PR Newswire - press releases
- HootSuite - social media management
- Google Group Camp - project management
- Asana - project management
- Drop Task - project management
- Drop Box - file storage in the cloud
- Wordpress.org - CMS used for both blog articles and web pages.
- Magento - e-commerce product descriptions
- Shopify - e-commerce product descriptions
SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERIENCE
I typically use HootSuite to manage all social media accounts including:
I’ve written content for a variety of B2B and B2C clients over the years including:
- Ad agency specializing in marketing for healthcare providers and hospitals
- Online medical spa directory
- Producer of educational cable TV shows
- Various companies specializing in sustainable energy and other environmental topics.
- 3 Marketing agencies where I worked on projects for 10+ clients at a time - restaurants, geriatric care, e-cigs, celebrity haircare, golf course, fishing charters, computer software, interior designers, dentists, etc
- Retail eyeglass chain with 40+ stores nationwide
- Company specializing in content for online travel sites (airlines, resort hotels, cruise ships)
- Estheticians including plastic surgeons, cosmetic surgeons, cosmetic dentistry and med spas.
LYNN SMYTHE'S CURRENT WRITING SAMPLES
Social Media Marketing Writing Samples
- YouTube Marketing on the Cheap: https://buyviews.co/youtube-marketing-on-the-cheap/
- YouTube 101; Is it Safe to Buy YouTube Views?: https://buyviews.co/is-buying-youtube-views-safe/
- How to Order Twitter Followers: http://devumi.com/how-to-order-twitter-followers/
- Optimize Your SoundCloud Profile to Gain Fans: http://soundcloudreviews.org/optimize-your-soundcloud-profile-to-gain-fans/
- How to Tackle YouTube Dislikes and Negative Comments:http://buyviewsreview.com/how-to-tackle-youtube-dislikes-and-negative-comments/
- High-Quality vs. Low-Quality YouTube Views: http://buyviewsreview.com/high-quality-vs-low-quality-youtube-views/
Blog Article Writing Samples
- Top Plastic Surgery Procedures in the USA - http://blog.medspa.com/top-plastic-surgery-procedures-usa/
- Top 5 Foods for Healthy Skin - http://blog.medspa.com/top-5-foods-healthy-skin/
- Unconventional Bike Racks from the Park Catalog -http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/blog-article-sample-by-lynn-smythe.html
Guest Post Writing Sample
- Local Business Backs Off Expansion Plans in CA After Supreme Court Ruling:http://palmbeach.happeningmag.com/local-business-backs-expansion-plans-ca-supreme-court-ruling
- Supreme Court Ruling Affects Optical Store Expansion -http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/legal-guest-post-sample-by-lynn-smythe.html
Press Release Writing Samples
- Twitter Boost Drops Rates on Auto Engagements Service:http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/twitterboost-drops-rates-on-their-auto-engagements-service/124171/
- MedSpa Grand Opening - http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/medspa-press-release-sample.html
- Stanton Optical Involved in Operation Sneaks for School -http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1394702
- Supreme Court Kills Job Opportunities in California -http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/press-release-sample-by-lynn-smythe.html
Print Ad Writing Sample
- Stanton Optical Special Offers - http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/lynn-smythe-sample-print-ads.html
Promotional Contest Writing Sample
- Enter the Stanton Optical Funny Pet Photo Contest -http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/lynn-smythe-sample-promotional-contest.html
New Product Launch Writing Sample
- Great Outdoor Seating Options from Highland Products Group -http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/lynn-smythe-new-product-launch-writing-sample.html
Infographic Writing Sample
- All About Bifocals - http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/lynn-smythe-sample-infographics.html
Web Page Writing Samples
- com About Us - http://www.medspa.com/about
- 2014 SUV Safety Ratings - http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/legal-webpage-writing-sample-by-lynn-smythe.html
- Flags by Highland Products Group - http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/web-page-sample-by-lynn-smythe.html
White Paper Writing Samples
- 10 Vision Risks Associated with Smoking -http://www.lynnsmythecreations.com/white-paper-health-writing-sample-by-lynn-smythe.html
- Glossary of Optometry Terms - http://www.stantonoptical.com/glossary-of-optometry-terms/
- Cosmetic Eye Surgery - http://www.stantonoptical.com/cosmetic-eye-surgery-eyelid-lift-helps-restore-peripheral-vision
I'd love to talk with you about how I can become a member of your marketing team! In fact, I'm so excited to find my next career opportunity that I've included three (3) ways to contact me!
LYNN SMYTHE'S RESUME
In case the rest of this article hasn't totally piqued your interest, here's a copy of my resume. Although I live in south Florida, I am also open for relocation especially if the position is located in North Carolina (anywhere near Asheville is ideal) or South Carolina (anywhere near Columbia is ideal as I have TONS of relatives in the Aiken area).
- Lynn Smythe
- West Palm Beach, FL
SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bikediva
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyCreateCottage
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/lynnsmythe
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+LynnSmythe50
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/lynnsmythe/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/mycreativecottage/
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
SEO copywriting, blogging, blog articles, white papers, web pages, landing pages, press releases, newsletters, infographics, ecommerce product descriptions, social media marketing, reputation management, crisis communications, keyword research, basic HTML, basic CSS, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Wordpress, Photoshop, MailChimp, Constant Contact, PR Web, PR Newswire, Dropbox, GoogleDocs, Gmail, Google Analytics, SEO Site Tools, proficient in both Windows PC and MAC operating systems.
WORK & EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
- Continuing Education
- January 2014 – March 2014
- Forest Hill High School – Adult & Community Education
- Certificate - Creating Web Pages – Basic HTML & CSS
- Certificate - Creating Wordpress Websites - Basic HTML & CSS
Lynn Smythe Creations
Digital Content Specialist, SEO Copywriting, Social Media Marketing, Public Relations
January 2014 – May 2015
MY CLIENTS INCLUDED:
- Brown, Parker & DeMarinis Advertising - Delray Beach, FL
BDP Advertising is a integrated marketing agency specializing in marketing for hospitals and healthcare systems.
- Freelance Digital Copywriter.
- Creation of SEO content for hospital landing pages.
- Write compelling, grammatically clean, SEO optimized long-form website copy in an approved copy deck template, as well as write effective headlines, taglines, and calls to action for a variety of digital channels.
- Work with Sr. Content Strategist and Project Managers to ensure copy is delivered on deadline and in accordance with agency and clients’ criteria.
- Mediasophia – West Palm Beach, FL
Mediasophia is a full-service marketing agency specializing in organic search engine optimization, web design and online reputation management.
- Freelance Content Engineer.
- Creation of daily, weekly, monthly, yearly editorial calendars using Google DOCS.
- Reputation management, copywriting and social media marketing for their clients.
- Researched and wrote original SEO content relevant to aesthetics, medical spas, plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, music, photography and technology.
- Posted blog articles, title tags and meta descriptions to various content management systems including Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, LiveJournal, Tumblr, Medium, Sett and Weebly.
- Social media networking using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Flickr, Photobucket, YouTube, MySpace and LinkedIn.
- Programs used included Google Drive, Gmail, MS Word, MS Excel and Dropbox.
- MedSpa – Boca Raton, FL
MedSpa is an online directory for plastic surgeons and medical spas.
- Freelance Content Manager.
- Creation of daily, weekly, monthly, yearly editorial calendars using Google DOCS.
- Researched and wrote original SEO content relevant to plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, aesthetics, dermatology, cosmetic dentistry, weight-loss and anti-aging.
- Created search engine optimized web pages, landing pages, blogs articles, email newsletters, social media posts, press releases and white papers for MedSpa.com and MedSpa Interactive.
- Proofread and edited articles provided by freelance writers contracted through Craigslist and LinkedIn.
- Social media networking using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Posted blog articles, title tags and meta descriptions via Wordpress and Tumblr CMS.
- Programs used included Google Drive, Gmail, MS Word, MS Excel and Infusionsoft.
- PPC Professionals – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
PPC Professionals specializes in pay-per-click ads for travel and technology companies.
- Freelance SEO Copywriter.
- Developed SEO content for their clients.
- Search engine optimized web pages, landing pages and blogs articles.
- Posted blog articles via Wordpress CMS including title tags and meta descriptions.
- Programs used included Google Drive, Asana Project Management, MS Word, MS Excel, and Toggl.
Vision Precision Holdings
January 2013 - December 2013
Vision Precision Holdings is a retail optical chain operating 40+ stores throughout the United States under the Stanton Optical and MyEyeLab brand names and the e-commerce site Frame Genie.
- Content Manager at Stanton Optical’s corporate headquarters in Palm Springs, Florida.
- Head of online content creation and social media for 40+ Stanton Optical & MyEyeLab stores.
- Creation of daily, weekly, monthly, yearly editorial calendars using Microsoft Excel.
- Social networking using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Storify, Instagram, Quora and Tumblr.
- Online reputation management.
- Project management using Google Group Camp.
- Wrote e-Commerce product descriptions using Magento.
- Wrote and distributed press releases using PR Newswire and PR Web.
- Microsoft Word and Google Docs to create search engine optimized copywriting for web pages, patient education articles, community involvement events, blog posts, infographics and email newsletters.
- Proofread and edit articles provided by freelance writers contracted through My Blog Guest, Copy Press and Web Content Brokers.
- Cultivated brand ambassadors, key influencers and guest posting opportunities through HARO, My Blog Guest, online contests and promotions.
New Epic Media
Director Content Management
August 2012-November 2012
New Epic Media is a full-service marketing agency. Their clients included MacGregor Yachts, Veritas of West Palm Beach, Ken Paves Self Help Hair Care, James Family Dentistry, Leila Restaurant, Prosperity Partners, Preferred Lifestyle Services, Palm Beach Designer Fabrics, API Draper, VegaLab, Lookout Deals, Little Soft Shop, Bargain Software Shop, Florida Industrial Super Cleaners, Charlie Pierce and Countess 100.
- Social media posts for all clients using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and YouTube.
- SEO copywriting for website pages, landing pages, Word Press blog articles, Mail Chimp email newsletters, PR Web press releases.
- Wrote e-Commerce product descriptions for computer software using Shopify.
- Creation of monthly editorial calendars using Excel, project management using Asana, online file sharing using Drop Box.
- Monthly report generation using Raven Tools to pull together each client’s Google Analytics, Twitter and Facebook data.
United States Media TV
May 2012-August 2012
United States Media TV is a producer of educational cable television programs narrated by Terry Bradshaw including Editions with Terry Bradshaw and Today in America with Terry Bradshaw.
- SEO copywriting for web pages, blog articles and press releases using MS Word.
- Social media marketing on Facebook Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Contributed to content marketing and online reputation management utilizing Wordpress, Xanga, Posterous, Tumblr, HubPages and Squidoo.
Lynn Smythe Designs
September 1997- Present
Non-fiction article writing for print magazines and yearly anthologies
- Wrote articles for print publications including Llewellyn Worldwide, Farmer’s Almanac, BackHome, Veggie Life, The Herb Quarterly, The Essential Herbal, Altered Arts, Lapidary Journal, Beadwork and Jewelry Crafts.